Friday 25 May 2007

A quick summary of what to do

I've copied much of what follows from the letter I will send you if you'd like to play 'The Postcard Competition'. Here goes...

If you would like to join in, please send me an email at art_of_curiosity@btinternet.com. I will then send you a code for your postcard & my earthly name & address.

As soon as I receive your postcard, I will scan it & post it on this blog for us all to share.

The draw will be held on Sunday 1st July 2007. As soon as dear MILlie* has handed me the winning numbers, I will race to my computer & share the news. The three prizes will start their journey to the winners on Monday 2nd July as will my cheque to the organisers of Ovarian Cancer Action.

Could you do one more thing for me? Rude as it may seem, please could you say 'PANTS to Ovarian Cancer' to all the women you know or refer them to the
Ovarian Cancer Action website or indeed any of the organisations who are trying to spread the word about ovarian cancer.

My mother mistakenly thought that her symptoms were caused by the menopause. By the time she found out what was really the matter, the ovarian cancer was too advanced to treat. Please don't let this happen to you or any of the women in your life. We have to make a big fuss about this.

I am angry about the following. Out there is a woman - several women - who have ovarian cancer & they don't know it. They could be treated & their lives saved if they were able to see a doctor NOW.

I don't think about this as a matter of blame - we're all going to die & we've all got to die of something. This is about education. We are going to die, but with the right facts in our armoury, we might be able to avoid an early death.

Please talk to all the women you know. To borrow the cliché - 'We're worth it!'


* M(other)I(n)L(aw)lie

No comments: