Saturday 30 June 2007

110 CARDS!

I sit here surrounded by your generosity in the form of 110 postcards. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you! There will be more than one Postcardian art journal - indeed the annals of the Postcardian Quest will be many!! I'm going to laminate each of your cards & then attach it to its page via a silk ribbon so that it acts as a marker for the page it inspires. Your words will not be lost - they will become heirlooms.

110 postcards means that Ovarian Cancer Action will receive a cheque for £110 from me & £20 from Kate Noakes. THANK YOU!! This will make a difference!

What I would love to know is something we can't measure. How many more women now know about the symptoms of ovarian cancer as a result of all your efforts? I'll bet it's a lot!

I wish I could adequately express my gratitude for all that you have done. This has been a most moving experience for me. You're a noble, generous, intelligent & spirited group of people - it has been an honour to have 'met' each of you. Your humanity shines like a beacon.

Ovarian cancer is a thief & it has stolen so many precious women's lives. They could have had more years with us. We could have spent more time with them.

We cannot alter the past, but we can contribute to changing what happens in the future. We will do it in loving memory of all the beautiful women we have lost.

Bless you!

2 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Jennifer, you are a trailblazer.
You rocked and rolled my soul with your incredible effort.
I am glad and proud to know you!

the art of curiosity said...

Thank you so much - I've got tears in my eye :-)

I'm proud of all of us. I just whispered - the Postcardians did the yelling.

Long may we carry on making a fuss about this!!